Everyone loves a little pointer, here’s a few basic tips for the paintball novices out there.
- Play to your own ability, don’t think just because you’re holding a paintball marker you’re suddenly Rambo. If you couldn’t run 100 metres and commando roll before, you still won’t be able too.
- Cover as much ground as you can, as quickly as you can. Move around until you spot someone or someone spots you, then take cover. This will assist with your possession of the field being higher.
- Paintball isn’t a one man mission, you need to communicate with your teammates in order to be successful. Storming through the field alone and without any strategy or communication is a recipe for disaster.
- Ensure your hopper and your paintball pots are loaded before you play, rookie mistake is you haven’t got enough paint.
- If you are experiencing issues with your marker in the middle of a game ask the marshals for assistance, they can swap the marker for you.
- Look after your kit. Maintenance is key. If you have your own goggles ensure you clean these before every game and treat them with anti-fog spray if needed.
- Sometimes paintball will simply bounce rather than breaking on contact, this may affect game play so ensure you know the rules.
Book onto Paintball today by calling us on 01642605000 or for our Edinburgh site 01312973157. Or book online by clicking here.